Burrows-Wheeler Tandem Repeat Searcher (BWtrs) searches for the exact occurrences of tandem repetitions within DNA sequence. The application can be started on-line from here.
BWtrs accepts a DNA sequence in the FASTA format. Input sequence can be submitted in one of the following ways:
• Download from the GenBank - download a sequence from the GenBank database by its ID
• Upload from a file - upload a FASTA file from local directory
• Paste from the clipboard - cut and paste FASTA sequence
The input parameters of the application:
• Minimum motif size - the minimum length of tandem repeat's motif within the range from 2 up to the value of the maximum length parameter (default value is 3)
• Maximum motif size - the maximum length of tandem repeat's motif within the range from the value of the minimum length parameter to 100 (default value is 60)
• Minimum repeat size - the minimum total length of tandem repeat within the range from 4 to 100 (default is 9)
• Minimum repeat ratio - the minimum value of the tandem repeat's ratio within the range from 2 to 100 (default value is 3)
The button "Submit" starts the searching of the exact occurrences of tandem repetitions in the entered DNA sequence. This process can take a while, especially in case of long sequences. When the searching is finished the searching report is presented.